Researches on science and health and other related fields are invited for presentation on the 1st Multidisciplinary Research Forum which will be held on March 06, 2014. The Research Presentation is open to all the member-institutions of the Health Research and Development Consortium Region IV-A (HRDCR IV-A). Staff and faculty members of research institutes, medical and paramedical schools, hospitals and other health related agencies may submit entries to HRDCR IV-A on/or before January 27, 2014. Submitted research project can be those studies funded by the Philippine National Health Research System (PCHRD-DOST; DOH; CHED and UP Manila); the member-institutions of HRDCR IV-A and/or other local and international funding institutions.
The mechanics are as follows:
1. There will be a plenary session for the presentation of the qualified research projects.
2. Review and evaluation of all submitted entries will be facilitated by HRDCR IV-A. Technical review and evaluation will be composed of content and methodology experts.
3. A total of five (5) completed papers will be selected for presentation. Qualified research projects will be selected based on the following set of criteria:
3.1 Technically and ethically sound;
3.2 Research results provided new ideas/knowledge.
3.3 The output, outcome and the impact of the study have relevant contribution to society and economy.
4. For the screening process, a copy of the completed paper including abstracts shall be submitted to HRDCR IV-A. Please follow the format below:
4. 1. Font and Size: Times New Roman, 12 point
4. 2. Title Centered, bold, upper case
4. 3. Authors: centered, sentence case. Kindly indicate affiliation, address, and email address. The name of the presenting author should be underlined.
4. 4. Body of abstract: justified
5. Research papers which were not considered for oral presentation may qualify in the Poster Exhibit. A total of ten (10) completed researches will be selected.
A. POSTER EXHIBIT GUIDELINES
- 1.1. The poster should include the following identifying information:
- 1.1.a. Name or title of research or project
- 1.1.b. Complete institution or author address
- 1.1.c. Telephone or contact numbers or email
- 1.2. It should give a brief description of the research in layman’s language
- 1.3. It should cite reasons why such project was developed or why the study was conducted; the study’s potential benefits in terms of its impact on health and quality of life, science or technology contributions or socio-economic benefits.
- 1.4. The poster may exhibit the highlight of the study in picture or colored presentation (not smaller than 16”x20”)
- 1.5. Graphical and other appropriate presentations may also be included.
- 2.1. One poster panel will be allowed per entry.
- 2.2. Poster size should be 2 feet width by 5 feet height. Use of tarpaulin is recommended.
NOTE: Notice of acceptance will be sent on January 31, 2014. Registration is FREE.